The Hillsdale Volunteer Ambulance Service provides emergency medical response to Hillsdale residents and surrounding communities on a mutual aid basis 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. In the last 12 months we have responded to well over 1,000 calls. We are always here for you, and we never charge for our services.
We are your neighbors…men and women who are New Jersey State Certified Emergency Medical Technicians. We are trained in the latest CPR and first aid techniques, and our Ambulance is equipped with the latest lifesaving gear.
We work as part of a team with the Hillsdale Police Department, Paramedics from nearby hospitals and others to provide you with the best care possible.
Here are a few things you can do to help:
- In an emergency, call 911 and tell the operator the nature of your emergency and your location.
- Make sure your street number is prominently displayed. It will assist us in getting to the right location quickly.
- Keep your hallways and doorways clear from clutter. When time is short, we want to get in and get out quickly.
- When driving, please yield to vehicles with flashing blue lights.
- Donate generously during our fund raising drive. We depend upon your generosity to maintain and replace our equipment, supplies and building.
- Consider joining us! We need members, and can offer you skills, excitement and the satisfaction of helping those in need. People as young as 16 can join. And the training is free! Click here to send an email to our Membership Committee.
Your Hillsdale Volunteer Ambulance Service is all about people helping people. We’ve been on the job since 1954, and with your support will be there for you and your family for many, many years to come.